STOCKTON YACHT CLUB

Stockton Yacht Club from across the Calaveras River


Founded in 1930 the Stockton Yacht Club was formed by a small group of avid boaters who had their boat houses and docks on the Calaveras River. In 1953 the group moved to our current site and formed what is today the Stockton Yacht Club. The original structure was an old wooden barn in bad disrepair, but through dedication and hard work, we have today what is arguably the best yacht club facility East of San Francisco.

With our large dining room and event hall that can comfortably seat 200, for dinner a chef’s galley that makes meal preparation a breeze, and our intimate lounge with great sunset views over the Calaveras River the Stockton Yacht Club has facilities that are second to none.

The main dining room

Lounge overlooking the guest docks

With the efforts of our members since our humble beginning in 1930, today we own our 5000 square foot facility with 350 feet of guest dock, a 49 slip marina for member’s yachts, and a beautiful outdoor picnic area set in the middle of manicured grounds and among 100 year old oak trees.

Picnic area and grounds

300 feet of guest dock

For over five decades volunteer membership of the Stockton Yacht Club have built and maintained our facilities that we proudly share with any yacht club that wishes to visit. Every year clubs from San Francisco and around the Delta take the beautiful and relaxing cruise up the Calaveras River and share their time with us. For many clubs visiting Stockton Yacht Club is an annual event that their members look forward to.

We are an active group with over 100 scheduled events every year for both boaters and social members alike. Look over a list of past commodores and members, it reads like a who’s who of the central valley. Whether your interests are strictly boating or you prefer the camaraderie of a social club, the Stockton Yacht Club has like minded members and activities for all to enjoy.